Sunday, February 4, 2018

Finishes and Goals

I think a great thing to do is set a goal to finish something each month.  I half reluctantly decided last month that I would try to see if I could actually post a goal and accomplish it.  I soon realized that I may have set my goals a bit high for the month, but in the end it was worth it.

After hanging "Have Yourself A Quilty Little Christmas" and photographing it, I soon realized I couldn't see the quilting I had spent so much time on...

With a little experimenting we can see it! :)  It is only -20F windchill  today...and as my husband was helping me he said "Wow, this really is a pretty quilt."  I'm sure it will be used and loved for many years to come at Christmas.


My This Way and That Way Quilt (pattern by Me & My Sister, fabric is Fig Tree Coney Island) is finished and I'm so happy about that too. 


Now on to my February goals.  I decided that I wanted to make a goal of quilting a quilt that is in my HUGE "piecing is finished, but it needs to be quilted pile."  It should serve two goals, working on my machine quilting, and actually getting something off that pile.  ;) 


This is from the Take Wing pattern by lillyella stitchery.  I still need borders, and I had always thought about adding some smaller butterflies...I may still have to do that.  I guess we will see where this month leads.  I am linking up with Elmstreet Quilts with my one monthly goal.  If you are interesting in the Coney Island fabric, Stitchin' It Up Quilt Shop is the place to look.  I will be back again soon with something else I've been working on.  Happy Stitching!!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Patty said...

Very pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Pretty quilts, and great job quilting. I kind of need to do that too. Gorgeous butterfly.

Thelma said...

Great job. I am so envious of you quilting skills.