Saturday, December 19, 2015

FNSI/What Was I Thinking?



I had a great Friday night sewing, I even finished piecing a quilt top which is amazing for me! The problem, it was too windy for a photo today, even with help, so you will just have to take my word for it, and I will show more soon.



This is the top folded up.  :)  It is a Turning Twenty quilt made with a kit I had purchased awhile ago at Christmas.  The pieces are big and there are only three pieces per block.  I've been going through my kits and my goal for this next year is to either finish the kits I have purchased (even ones from long ago) or get rid of them (and by get rid of I mean give them away).  This one is kind of iffy with the fabrics.  They are beautiful in their own right, but together I began to wonder why I purchased this.  It is going to be a TV quilt when it is finished and will be used and fought over I'm sure, so I'm not going to worry too much about it.  It will not be entered in any quilt shows, it will just be loved.  It can also be used to practice my machine quilting!!  That was my Friday night, I hope you enjoyed yours,  You can see what everyone else worked on last night here.  --Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Susan said...

Good to hear you joined in - looking forward to the pictures

Michelle said...

Wonderful you had a great night! I think this quilt would be a great TV guilt. Sounds like it came together quick. That's always a good thing. lol