Sunday, June 22, 2014

June Handmade Christmas Challenge

The Handmade Christmas Challenge is still going on at Sew Cal Gal, and although I wasn't sure I could actually pledge to make something each month for Christmas in May, June is looking a lot more promising.  There is still time to sign up and take the pledge, and you can also see what others are making so they are ready for Christmas this year here.


The Holly & Berries Table Mat pattern by Primitive Gatherings was shown done with black wool for the background.  I used a cream colored wool instead and love the way it lightens it up.


Instead of cutting a lot of little red berries out of wool and them maybe or maybe not being circles,  I decided to use buttons.  I wish I could tell you where I got the buttons, but after a fiasco with ordering some on line I ended up shopping a lot of different stores collecting packages of these little buttons to use.  I'm so glad I didn't give up because they really were much easier to sew on then those tiny wool circles.  I know when December rolls around I will be so happy I took the pledge to finish a Christmas project a month.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

    

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is beautiful.

Sheila said...

Just beautiful , I like the light background :-)

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, I like the lighter background too. It looks beautiful the way you have photographed it.

SuperMomNoCape said...

This is so pretty and I love that you used buttons for the holly berries.

barbara woods said...

love that Kristen