Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Name Is Kristen And I'm Addicted To....

Hexies....oh my goodness, it seems I forgot how much fun it is to sew these together all by hand.  :)  I woke up this morning thinking about the color combinations and placement.  Before work I had all the different flower colors stacked in piles across my living room floor.  As soon as I was finished working I had a stack of them all ready to be sewn together.  I finally had to say enough for today.  Why, why, why did I not think of this before?  And why did I let these flowers just sit for so very long?


I had to finally quit after getting three blocks together.  The best part about doing it this way is that I can spin the blocks to move colors to different spots before I add in the embroidered hexies.  I plan on doing a final color placement, numbering each block so I know how many embroidery ones are needed, and then I can piece them all together.  Ohhh the excitement...okay, so I do have a life, but this really is fun. :)  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

Narelle said...

Very pretty flowers ... they really are addictive :)

LesQuilts said...

Hi! You could check out the inchy hexie flower blog...
it is on the sidebar of my blog. I belong, monthly swap of 2 hexie flowers.
You can email to sign up, may or may not have to be on the waiting list to join. Lots of fun!
Take care, Leslie

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Those are so pretty! I have a table runner using that fabric collection in my UFO Collection.

Wendy said...

Cute post, the hexies are looking really lovely.