Sunday, October 28, 2012

Beacon Lights and FNSI Finishes

I feel better, but it took a little longer than I thought.  I sure hope this cold/flu season isn't a long one, but is sure seems to be starting early.  Maybe we are all going to get it now and be done with it, at least I sure hope it ends up that way.

I finished my block on Friday night and then decided I needed to clean up a few loose ends...




I found some left over yarn and rather than just toss it I decided to make a couple of dish clothes.  They are always a quick knit and I love to have a colorful dish cloth.


Then since I was organizing I decided I should finish the stitching on these two hexie flowers that were left in the bottom of my traveling bag.  It was nice to work on some hexies again and it made me realize I have enough to finish that quilt.


As I wasn't feeling well this morning I decided rather than just sitting I could do some stitching.  Each of these patterns makes three different stockings, and I thought the single thread color one would be a good stitch today.  It was nice to do some cross stitching again and to almost see a project from start to finish in one day.  I have quite a few ornaments that need finishing and hopefully soon there will be an uninterrupted day for that.



Today's block was an easy one other than deciding on the colors.  If I had it to do again, I would probably switch the orange and white fabric placement, but at number 302 of 366 I guess a change once in a while is okay.  This is a 12-inch block.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen


3 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Sweet block Kristen, and loving all of your quick projects and loose ends. :)
xo

Wendy said...

Hope you are feeling better now, I love all your quick projects, especially the gorgeous cross stitch.

Roseanne said...

Well done on finishing up some lose ends and your block look great.