Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chuck-A-Luck

The day got away from me again and as I sat down to start working on this block I started to laugh.  Six months ago I would have freaked out over a cutting instruction with an 11/16" and a 1/16" to cut, but tonight it was no problem.


About half way through I started to get a bit nervous about lining up all the triangles, and just when I was about to give up, it went together.  I'm not saying it is perfect, but I had one of those moments where I realized without a doubt that patience and perseverance will get a person a lot further than hopelessness and despair.  I've had a bit of a rough week this week and it is interesting that while working on a quilt block it became so clear to me what I need to do with many things.  This is a 10-inch block and is number 207 of 366.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

No need for nerves now...it looks fantastic!!

Dee said...

Quilts, like people, have their own strengths and weaknesses that contribute to the whole....which is going to make you an awesome quilt! Congratulations on winning through and such a great attitude!

Wendy said...

This block and the last one are beautiful and your piecing looks perfect!