Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bridle Path

I just noticed this is bridle path, not bridal path.  Interesting.  I also find it interesting what a person can do with eight 9-patches and eight half-square triangles.  I find it so intriguing how a person can change the look so much with fabric choices and placement.


I look at this one way and I see all the 9-patches, I look at it another way and I see the big star, and yet a different way and I see a big X.  Definitely a striking block that could make an amazing quilt.  This is block number 178 of 366 and it is a 12-inch block.


I have some more 9-patch combinations.  I've made five of each combination and so far I've done five different fabric choices so I'm at 25 finished 9-patches so far.  I definitely think this is going to be a bright and happy quilt.  I'm linking with Fabric Tuesday and Quilting By The River.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Love the way your fabrics looks in this great block!
Thanks for sharing.
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday