Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bow Tie and 9-Patch Quilt Along

First things first.  Today's block wasn't supposed to look like it has a pinwheel in the middle, but by placing the fabric as I did, I have one, which was a pleasant surprise.


This is a 6-inch block and is number 173 of 366.  I can see that the half way point is getting closer and closer.  Although I'm happy about that, that means that we are getting further into the summer, and I'm enjoying the weather, albeit hot, I'm still enjoying the sunshine.


Now for some 9-patches.  I did mine this morning so I could time how long it took me to make these.  I did take some time to put fabrics together for about 6 different combinations so that took me a bit longer, but I did finish these five in 40 minutes.  Now, I have extra strips cut so I won't have to do that the next time I use these fabrics, and I did use the strip method that I demonstrated on the 9-patch tab above.  I'm excited to see what you have accomplished so far.  If you haven't started, what's holding you up?  Link up and show us what you've done.  Please also link back here so others can get some ideas to start their own.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Beautiful block and I love your nine patch blocks, gorgeous colours and fabrics!