Thursday, February 23, 2012

Martha Washington Star and Some Major Progress

Have you ever spent an entire day doing something so fun that it just seems to be unreal.  Now what might be really fun for one person may seem like shear torture for another, but today I spent an entire uninterrupted day in my sewing room and it was wonderful.  Days like this are few and very far between.  I think the last time I did it was maybe 13 years ago.  So it has been a long, long time, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


I finished all 30 blocks for my son's quilt.  I can't even tell you how many blocks I pieced today, but the excitement grew as each one was finished.  I now have to pick them all up off the floor and do some rearranging so the colors are distributed evenly and then the rows will be sewn together and it will be ready for quilting.  We did some quick math and there are only 1380 pieces in this quilt.  It will be nice when it is just one big quilt.



Today's block is the Martha Washington Star and is an 8-inch block.  I love stars, and I really love making stars that have something interesting in the middle.  It is number 54 of 366.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Karen O said...

Hi Kristen, I don't comment often, but wanted to let you know I read your post every day. Those daily blocks look great. I love the fabrics you are using.

Caz said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Some people aren't all that keen on awards so I hope you don't mind but I thought you were a worthy recipient

Wendy said...

Wow Kristen, your son's quilt is looking amazing, I love the patterns throughout the quilt. I bet your son is getting very excited about it!