Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be My Valentine

Be My Valentine is definitely an appropriate name for today's 8-inch block, number 45 of 366.  It is another variation of a log cabin block and you know, I'm really starting to like these for never having done them before.  I'm also thinking four of these would make a really cute wall hanging, and even just this one would make a fun pillow.


I also tried some machine applique with the tops of the heart, and I found it rather enjoyable.  There are about four Don't Look Now! designs that I would love to try, but she uses machine applique, and I've always been a bit leery of it.  I'm thinking now I might just have to attempt one of her patterns.

I'm linking today with Fabric Tuesday and Pat Sloan.  Happy Stitching and Happy Valentine's Day!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

pat sloan said...

Happy Valentines day and thank you for sharing at my blog!

Please be sure to visit my new "Learning Center" at quiltinggallery.com/learning-center/

Anonymous said...

Heaps of great things to share as I haven't been on for a couple of days. The heart blocks look great and I love the hexies. I am doing some very small hexies and actually pulled them out last night and stitched. I sew mine differently so that I do not have to start and stop the thread. I sew one side to the centre and then thread the thread up the side seam allowance and then attach another to the side, then the centre hexie, then thread the thread through again. Can do a 1 inch hexie flower in about 15-20 mins complete!