Sunday, January 8, 2012

Flying Shuttles

Wow..the day got away from me, and this block was a fun one.  It is so interesting to see what a person can do with the same size squares and 1/2-square triangles.





I worked this 60-piece block in three rows of four patches which made it go together quickly and easily until putting the three horizontal rows together.  I very rarely press my seams open, but I did on this block, and with all the bulk it was the finishing touch...everything is flat and straight.  Sometimes those new tricks work well on the old blocks.  This block measures 12 inches and is number 8 of 366.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Theresa said...

What a great block, you made an excellent job of it - am really enjoying your calendar blocks.

Roseanne said...

Very nice block I like it.