Friday, October 21, 2011

686 hexies

Okay, its been a while...and wow have I been busy.  I have found some time to work on a few things though. ;)



I started thinking the other day that I might actually get some hexagon flowers finished if I had some basted.  SO, last Friday I started basting and basting and basting.  When I reached 686 hexies I realized that would equal 98 more flowers and that is more than I need.  So, I'll either make the quilt a bit larger, or I'll make a pillow or two.  Tonight is the FNSI so maybe, just maybe there will be some finished flowers tomorrow! :)


Then I thought I should get my blocks done for the Christmas Stitchalong.  I finished the bear yesterday and got up early this morning and finished the Christmas tree.  I guess you could actually say I'm ahead of the game (I should mark this on the calendar because it is about the first time in my life that I am able to say that). 


And last, but not least I finished the Mystery Mondays clue for this week.  I have no idea if this is how this will end up, but it is definitely fun to work on.

I am going to link with Whoop! Whoop! Fridays this week, and tonight the Friday Night Sew In.  Now, what to work on. :)  Thanks so much for stopping by...Happy Stitching!  --Kristen

9 comments:

Linz said...

Umm... speechless!!

Those hexies are so organized and wonderful looking!!

And the Christmas blocks!!!!! Wow. Just amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Love all those basted hexies. I am working on my little ones at the moment as well as starting the Christmas SAL that you are doing. I have all mine traced out and ready to start stitching too.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, my goodness - look at those hexies! Love the colors, too! Great stitcheries - I love this pattern and is my focus piece for decorating this year. Very pretty block.

Wendy said...

You have made such a lot of hexies, they look so pretty in their organised piles. Well done with the Christmas stitcheries, how did you get ahead!! And your mystery block is very lovely too.

needle and nest said...

Oh my goodness, your hexies are incredible! So many!!!

Sarah Craig said...

Wow, what a lot of beautiful eye candy! Love the hexies, the stitcheries make me want to get out my red DMC and dance along, and the mystery Monday block looks amazing! Whoop whoop!! Thanks for linking up!!

Anonymous said...

Hexi-heaven! Great job & so neat!
Whoop!Whoop!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love all those hexies and the red work is wonderful!

Pattilou said...

You've been busy! ...and what a set of hexies! Great work.