Monday, June 27, 2011

My Design Wall Monday

I think I'm finally back into the swing of things.  These last couple of weeks have been a little rough as far as accomplishing anything that even resembles a quilt, but tonight feels like we are back on the right track again.


Once again, here are my Vignette Mystery Quilt Shoo Fly squares and triangles...but this time they are all cut.  It just seemed like it was taking me forever, and to my surprise tonight after finally starting to sew, I realized I had cut double what was needed to for the whole quilt.  So, instead of 60 finished blocks, I will have 120.  Yes, isn't that wonderful to figure out after weeks of cutting?  Now to decide what to do with the other 60, but at least they are cut out already! :)


Here are my first two blocks.  I don't think I will have any trouble sewing all 120 of them together as they are quite fun to do.  Well, they were tonight anyway, ask me at block 105.  :)

I hope you have had a wonderful week.  I'm linking with http://www.patchworktimes.com/ for My Design Wall Monday.  There are always so many fun things to look at there.  Happy Stitching!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Denise :) said...

Wow! You are all cut out and ready to go! I really like the negative image look of your two finished blocks -- will they all work like that? Have fun!! :)

Amy said...

I love the colors of pink and green... you have been busy cutting.. wow.